So, despite the fact that I have spent most of my life in Texas, where (as they say) the 4 seasons are early summer, summer, late summer, and rain . . . I still love to decorate the house and yard as if the leaves were about to turn any day. A small tribute to my younger days.
The kids, Bill, and I try to combine some fall/harvest decorations with some scary Halloween sorts of things.
I like to start with the mantle. I've had the Halloween beanie babies for years, so they get a chance to shake off the cobwebs for a few weeks. Hmmm, maybe I should leave the cobwebs next year . . .

Of course I have to have a tree!
The door is kind of spooky/harvest with the wreath and the mums watched over by some spooky guys there in the window.

The porch itself is mostly fall with the scarecrows and the hay. There's a crow sitting on the bale of hay, too, but he kind of hides from that scarecrow:
The yard itself is pretty spooky with the tombstones in the garden. These spirits are all friendly, fortunately.

These last three guys are in the dining room, but they may move closer to the front door. I bought them last year, but didn't actually get them done until this year. They are kind of cute, though, although that lion reminded me why the glue gun and I will never be fast friends. Martha Stewart I am not.

Since I took these pictures, I finished the witch to keep an eye on the three wise guys, and we bought a few new things this weekend. I'll post some updates once I get them all in place. Tonight, however, it is raining, so the decorating will have to wait for another day.
Happy Fall!!

No comments:
Post a Comment