The summer is 2 whole weeks old already. We've finished All Stars and Brady is busy practicing for the state tournament which will be held next weekend. Here's a review of last week . . .
Bill and Brady are taking guitar lessons. Bill has owned a guitar since he was about 14 years old, but before he could start taking lessons, his brother JoJo (who was 13) announced he wanted a drum set. That was the end of the music in their household. Now, 31 years later, Bill is finally taking lessons. So far he can play 3 chords. That's 3 more than I can play. Brady is learning scales (they have different instructors). So far, so good. Brady's fingers get sore after practicing for a while, but they should toughen up with time. My neice, Sierra, started guitar lessons about 8 months ago. She can already play a few songs!
KC is taking piano lessons. So far, one lesson in, she is loving it. She doesn't even play scales yet, but she's enjoying it so far.
Abby is busy being a social butterfly. Last week she attended 2 birthday parties and spent the day with her friend Katy at their house. She's reading a chapter book this summer (Nancy Drew Notebooks) and so far, so good.
Last week I did almost nothing. Cleaned the house. Drove the kids to their activities. Did a little crochet, a little scrapbooking, and a little cross stitch. Didn't go into work even once. I can't even remember the last time I did nothing for a week. It was wonderful. This, I could get used to . . .
Of course tomorrow I am going in to work. They can't go too long without me. That's job security, though . . .
Hope everyone is enjoying the first official days of summer!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"Almost nothing" is nice... when is it my turn? :-)
Post a Comment