Thursday, February 19, 2009

Welcome to the 21st century . . .

Even though we both work with computers, Bill and I had managed to completely avoid the whole text-messaging craze. We pretty much stuck to e-mail and phone calls. Our poor children surely suffered terribly, not being allowed to text 'sup to their friends 50 or 60 times a day.

Well, last weekend Brady played in a baseball tournament, and the Saturday evening game was stopped due to lightning. We were told we'd get a call if the game would be continued. I checked the website at 11pm and there were no updates. Went to bed. At 6am I woke up and checked our e-mail. The game was scheduled for 7am, boys needed to arrive at 6am to warm up. It was at that moment 6:05 am, and the fields were at least 30 minutes away. I woke Bill, we woke the kids (who probably thought the house was on fire with us yelling, "Get up! Hurry!). Brady got to the fields at 6:50am for a 7am game. It was not a fun morning. The boys held on to win that game, then lost their first playoff game at 9:30am.

Now, how did the rest of the boys get to the game on time? The team representative texted everyone's cell phone with the game time at 11:15pm. We don't text. Absolutely no idea about the game.

Monday evening, Bill went down to the Verizon store and bought us each a Blackberry Curve with unlimited texting. We passed our cell phones to Brady and KC, also with unlimited texting. Our lives will never be the same.

I'm still learning to use my new phone, but I did learn how to use the camera:




Updates and pictures from the game will follow, but we are finally in the 21st century. How about that?

1 comment:

Rick J said...

Such brave pioneers! :-)