Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June has flown by . . .

I can hardly believe it's the last day of June! Where does the time go?

This month we had KC's 12th birthday party at the local bowling alley. Even Bill and I got to bowl (he won one and I won one). KC did great, she won both games on her lane!




KC's former dance teacher, Miss Robin, who recently retired from running her dance studio, wrote a really cute children's book called Patty Bouree' and her cat Jete'. Patty is a lovely little redhead, so KC was asked to appear at a book signing playing the role of Patty Bouree':

Finally, in June, KC spent a week at the Kids and Cops camp at our local middle school. Kids and Cops is a program designed to teach kids about teamwork and problem solving and to foster positive relationships between middle schoolers and police officers. Each team earns points for participating in various competitions, including dodgeball, basketball, solving riddles, writing skits and songs. This was KC's 3rd year to participate, and her team ended the week with the most points to take first place! (Brady's team also won during his 3rd year, and although he is strong in the physical events, I never even know they had song and skit competitions until KC started 3 years ago).

Speaking of Brady, he has been busy with baseball in the evenings, and a conditioning program for football and baseball in the afternoons. His select team, the South Texas Sliders, played in a tournament in San Antonio on Father's Day weekend. They won 3 out of 4 games over the weekend (there was no championship, though, just a round-robin tournament).



The girls enjoyed hanging with the other sisters in San Antonio.



Brady's also been busy playing on his high school Mickey Mantle team during the week. He's been catching and playing some shortstop and second base.




Bill and I have been working part time and catching up on a few projects around the house. Abby's been keeping busy taking a hip-hop class on Tuesdays and Thursdays and catching up on all the Disney Channel shows she misses during the school year. All of us are really enjoying our summer! I am so glad we still have another month off, though, I still need it! LOL

Looking forward to seeing my family this weekend for the 4th of July. Jill just had a house built, so she should be moving into her new place this week!
Hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend!

No comments: