The very nice librarian who I wrote about a week ago, Sandra Davis, passed away last Tuesday. The damage from the stroke she suffered was more than her poor body could handle. Sandra was 44 and leaves behind a husband, John, and two little ones, a son who is 9 and a daughter who is 6.
My heart breaks for John, who has lost the love of his life and his dearest friend. I can barely decide on a menu for the week without a long discussion with Bill, and I cannot imagine how hard it will be for John.
But the hardest part for me is thinking of those two children growing up without their mom. I know that Sandra will live on in the hearts of those two little ones, and that her spirit will always be a part of them, no matter how much time passes. Our school secretary and I were talking this morning and she said that she always prayed that God would allow her to live long enough to see her children reach adulthood. Now that they have grown up, she realizes that the job of a mother is never finished, and children never reach an age where they don't need their mothers anymore.
I suppose the best we can do is to spend some time every day making sure our children know how much we love them. And pray that if our time here on Earth ends suddenly, that we've loved them enough to last.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment