I hope everyone had a wonderful, restful, Memorial Day weekend. We had to get away for a couple of days (I have so much to do at home, which is exactly why I needed to get away for a couple of days). I think I slept about 30 hours in 3 days, which I really, really needed.
On Saturday we went to Fiesta Texas! The water park was open this weekend. It was extremely crowded, but we still had a good time. We took pictures, but they are on an old-fashioned water camera, so we won't actually have them until we finish the roll and get it developed (how quickly do we become spoiled by the digital world we live in?
On Sunday we went shopping for KC's birthday. She shopped at Old Navy, Justice, and American Eagle Outfitters. Boy do they grow up fast! We also managed to get new shoes for Abby (Sketchers) and Brady (Nike). Decent sales on both, so I was very happy. Then Bill grilled steak for dinner and I watched a few episodes of House, MD from the DVD I got for Mother's Day. I am quickly becoming addicted to House reruns. It has to be one of the best written shows on television.
Monday was time for cleaning up and the drive home. Now everyone is scrambling to finish the homework they forgot they had, and I am trying to catch up on all the things I ran away from over the weekend (mostly laundry). We have two weeks left of school (last year, we were finished before Memorial Day). Hope the kids and teachers don't go crazy over the next 2 weeks!
On a different note, in honor of Memorial Day, I would like to thank all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the service of our country. We must always remember that freedom isn't really free. You and your families have paid the price for all of us, and we are eternally grateful. God Bless you and your families today and every day. Thank you.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment