It seems like only yesterday that we celebrated Mother's day. We had a nice lunch with my mom, Jill and Sierra . . .

then a nice dinner with Bill's mom in Lake Jackson.
Bill and the kids bought me a cookie cake and an exercise bicycle, which really is a mixed message when you think about it . . .

We had baseball playoffs. The Juniors Astros lost the opener, won the second, then dropped the third to a team I really, really wanted to beat. Long story. Anyway, that finished off spring ball and last weekend.
KC had auditions for the dance company, and she did a wonderful job, and earned her spot on the junior company for another year. They are a great group of girls, and I'm really happy for her!
Brady's select ball team is going to be coached by Woody Williams (the former Astros pitcher) for the next six weeks or so, up until the state tournament at the end of June or through the World series in July if they win a spot. Coach Williams runs a tight ship, and the boys will have to undergo strength and conditioning workouts along with their baseball workouts. Cut back on the fried food and soda, and lots of running. Brady won't lose any weight (I hope) but he might gain some muscle, so we'll see.
KC had a choir concert at school. It had a western theme, and I got a front row seat because Bill had volunteered to help on a Saturday with scenery and making stick horses. Very nice show and the stick horses looked great.

Where does the time go? Tonight is the team party for spring ball, then I can officially retire from Team Mom duties forever. Bill and I made a DVD with pictures and some video from the season. We're happy with it, but it ate up lots of free time. Actually, that was kind of the whole theme with spring ball. Fun, but lots of time.
June will be here before I turn around!
On another note, today is May 21st, so it's been five years since Bill's brother JoJo passed away. Joe - if you can read this in heaven, we still miss you and think about you often. Thanks for watching over the kiddos.

No comments:
Post a Comment