Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Brady!

Today Brady turned 14. That sounds scarily close to high school age (although he is only going into 8th grade, thankfully).

First, my mom and dad took him shopping and to lunch on Saturday. He bought some great school clothes, so I was thrilled. Grampy also bought him a new game for his Wii.

We celebrated yesterday because Bill and I are back at work these days (which is why I haven't been posting much lately). First Bill and Brady went to Craig Biggio's retirement ceremony:




Biggio has always been Brady's favorite player, so it was nice to see his number retired (although Brady is a bit sad that he won't be able to wear number 7 when he plays for the Astros someday).


Later, our friends the Adamczaks came over for swimming and burgers. Brady had a cookie cake:



The girls (with a little help) made him a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake (from scratch):



Today Bill's parents took the three kids to lunch and to the movies while we were at work, then we went to CiCi's Pizza for dinner. Now he is playing his new Wii game while I'm so tired I'm about to head to bed.

Oh, BTW, I set up a back-to-school tree:



The 4th of July tree was too out-of-date, and I'm not ready for fall yet, so this was our compromise. The kids start back a week from today. Bill and I are in inservice training all this week, so we'll definitely be ready for school to start (not huge fans of inservice - LOL).

Take care, and we hope all of you going back to school or with kids going back to school have a wonderful, blessed school year. :-)

No comments: