This summer, her 5th grade teacher has been having a book group that meets every week or so to talk about the book Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer. This week, on Thursday, the meeting was at our house.

The kids spend about 30 minutes talking about the books and about an hour and a half eating cookies and chips and talking about other stuff. Really, quite a bit like a grown up book group. Small group, kids were excellent, and bless the teacher for still caring enough to meet with these kids during the summer!
Friday was my 41st birthday (yikes). It was a really nice day. Bill took me to see the newest Mummy movie and we all went out to dinner at La Escondida for great Tex-Mex food. My folks got me some really nice clothes, a watch, 4 sets of flip flops (for my few remaining days of lounging). Bill also got me some DVDs and a cookie cake.
I'm wearing my new autographed Bucky Richardson jersey that Bill's dad bought me at the silent auction at the Warriors golf tournament.
Friday night was the release party for Breaking Dawn, so Bill brought KC to a release party at our Barnes and Noble to await its arrival.
She had a really good time!
Next up, Saturday we attended the wedding of a girl (actually a fully grown-up teacher) in El Campo. April is a really sweet, petite little red head, so whenever I go visit her classroom the students always ask her, "Is that your mom?"
She was absolutely gorgeous! Abby whispered that she looked just like a princess, and she really did. Here she is with Abby and Ashley Tate, another beautiful English teacher from our school:
We have a lot of really pretty English teachers at our school. I try to avoid being photographed near them, so as not to look any older than I do already.
The reception was lovely. And what did KC do? Read her brand-new copy of Breaking Dawn:
Too funny! I'm currently trying to organize stuff to work on a scrapbook of our trip to Grand Prairie and the World Series. I have to work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week. The Twilight of summer is at hand . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment