Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!





We had a very nice Christmas. Bill's parents came up for Christmas Eve and went to Mass with us. My parents and Jill and Sierra came up for Christmas day. We all received tons of wonderful gifts, and ate way too much!


I only finished two afghans for Christmas this year, but I did do a lap-afghan for my Grandfather earlier in the year and a couple of baby blankets for friends this summer (that's my excuse, anyway).


I made a Christmas afghan for my Mother-in-law, Sarah:





And an afghan for my niece Sierra in colors to remind her of the beach she loves:




But, truly the most gorgeous handmade gift this Christmas had to be the gorgeous quilt my mother made for me!!
It has A&M colors and fabric, with some butterflies for luck, and stone patterned fabric for a solid faith and foundation. It's absolutely beautiful! I have tried to quilt in the past, and the hardest thing for me is piecing everything together so the pieces are straight and the seams are even. I couldn't begin to approach the skill and precision of this one! It's just amazing!
The kids got some great gifts, too, but I'll have to write more about that later. We are headed to Troup, Texas today to attend a party for Bill's cousin Debbie's retirement. It's about a 4-hour trek there and another 4 hours home again, so I guess I need to get some yarn so I can get started on something for next Christmas!

1 comment:

Carolyn Ericson said...

Happy New Year Langston family!! Enjoyed reading your blog and seeing all the pictures of the kids. Our kids are just growing up too fast! We need to get together sometimes. We miss seeing you guys!