Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The New Christmas Tree!

Merry Christmas Eve! We are almost ready for tomorrow, and, yes, I do finally have my Christmas Trees up. Our trip to Disney put me way behind for this year, but I finally got them up and ready.
This year, I decided to add a new tree (I know, just what I need, right?). But this one is extra special to me. In honor of my Aunt Pat, I decided to add a Family Tree!



I managed to cross-stitched a few ornaments with the kids and Bill and my parents' names on them and added some photos I've managed to beg, borrow, or copy from other family members. Christine (my cousin) had several amazing family photos she shared with us, including pictures of my great-grandparents and my great-great grandfather!


My plan is to add more cross-stitch ornaments over the next several years and more pictures as I can gather and scan them.



It's only in the early stages now, but I hope in a few years I can make it a tribute worthy of Aunt Pat and Chris and Paula.

I hope everyone reading this has a wonderful day tomorrow! I know that I am more grateful than ever for the moments I can spend with my family these days. To friends and family far away, know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and that we send blessings tomorrow and every day! Merry Christmas!

Time to go get ready for Santa . . . :-)

No comments: