First, let me set the stage. This week is finals week for Brady (and Bill and I) but school as usual for the girls. It's cold and rainy this week. This is after dinner. We had leftovers last night for dinner, most of us had lasagna or penne pasta.
Abby is required to read for 1 hour total each week, so generally I sit with her to do her reading . . .

Cookie the bunny was not helping. He generally hops around downstairs after we get home so he can get some exercise. He prefers munching on books to reading them, so KC had to take him away and give him a carrot so we could finish.
KC had finished her 10 minutes of homework (that girl is going to be in for a shock next year in middle school when she has tons of homework). Anyway, she was hanging out drawing a picture . . .

KC is one of those kids who can entertain herself quietly no matter what. She might draw, or read a book, or watch TV. She never complains she is bored. I love that about her.
Bill finished taking pictures of the girls and I downstairs, so he decided to do some dishes (how wonderful is he?)

When Abby and I finished reading, I grabbed the camera to see what Brady was up to (I had a good idea since I could hear him all the way downstairs).

That's a t-shirt on the floor behind him, which I did make him put in his hamper after the picture was taken. Since he had put down his horn anyway, he wandered downstairs for a warm sugar cookie (but I followed him:)

Pretty typical of our humdrum lives.
But it's really quite wonderful if you think about it. :-)

1 comment:
Sort of reminds me of the "old days" with our kids, the main diff being it was never just a t-shirt. :-)
Post a Comment