
The first ride we went on was Bugs' White Water Rapids, which is a log ride. This was unusual in that it was one of the few rides that the kids and I are all willing to ride on.

As I have aged, I really prefer to avoid rides with excessive spinning, height, or any upside-down parts at all. This (as you may imagine) significantly reduces the number of rides I will actually go on. Fortunately, Bill is far more adventureous and the kids can ride most rides without either of us if need be (Abby's not terribly fond of spinning or flipping either, thankfully).
Next up was the swinging through the air ride. Too much spinning and height here for me, but the kids loved it.

This next one is just crazy. They flip around this big wheel thing and go upside down for extended periods of time. Forget it. Even Abby passed on this one.

This is my style. Abby and I rode the train instead. No up or down or spinning . . .

On to the ferris wheel. Forget this one, too. I can't even watch my family on this one - way too high! I snapped a picture than ran for cover (well, shade is technically "cover" - right?)

Here's another ride we all like. Driving the cars! Although I can tell you that all of mine have a lot of learning to do before I'd let them get on the road. Abby bounced off the rails so often, I started to wonder if we could go upside-down on this one (thankfully, no).

We rode plenty more rides, ate a picnic lunch, and Brady won a Texas A&M basketball in a carnival game. We followed up with dinner at Applebee's.
All in all it was a wonderful (and tiring) day!

No comments:
Post a Comment