
We spent a few hours cruising around Texas A&M University campus. I pointed out the few buildings I recognized (has it really been 19 years since I graduated?) which the kids kindly acknowledged between video games.

We arrived at the Bandit (Bill’s parents’ vacation house in New Braunfels, near San Antonio) on Sunday night. We spent St. Patrick’s Day shopping in San Marcus (one of my favorite ways to relax). Bill grilled a traditional Irish meal of hamburgers and hotdogs (hey, tradition is what you make it).

Tuesday has been extremely rainy, so we went to a mall on the outskirts of San Antonio then to a movie (the kids saw Horton Hears a Who and the grown-ups saw Vantage Point). We came out to find all the cars were covered in mud! Some sort of strange mud/rain. Details on the 10 o’clock news (I can’t wait).
Update (from the 10:00 news):
SAN ANTONIO -- As people made their way to their vehicles Tuesday afternoon, they noticed what might just be a car wash owner's dream.
A large dust storm in Mexico made it's way into the atmosphere and mixed with the showers focused over South Texas, causing rain mixed with dirt and creating a mud shower.
Many drivers were forced to stop at nearby gas stations to wipe the mud off their windshields just so they could see, but they also planned trips to the car wash on Wednesday.
With no rain in Wednesday's forecast, said KSAT 12's Steve Browne, the muddy waters should be a one-night event.
Well, how about that? Muddy rain.
Tomorrow we are going to Fiesta Texas (hopefully the rain will let up for the day). I also got to visit the Texas Tree currently on loan to Bill’s mother in New Braunfels.

My sister, Jill, is celebrating 39 glorious years of being my little sister today! Hope 39 is a great year for her – she deserves it! J

No comments:
Post a Comment