We had our St. Patrick's Day luncheon yesterday at school (just Bill, the librarians, a few ELA teachers and me) and I was so happy that everything turned out well! I always worry that something is going to burn or overcook, so I'm pleasantly surprised when the food is good.

I decorated the library workroom in green (I didn't even purchase special decorations, I just brought some from home - LOL).

In the morning, we nibbled on corned beef with dill dip on crackers and carrots:

At lunchtime, we had our beef stew, potato bread, and soda bread.
Bill ate his beef stew so quickly that I could hardly get a picture before he finished (he had to run to class during 6th)

Kitty (our wonderful Library Aide) was nice enough to eat with Bill 5th since he had to leave for class.

Kitty is the one who inspired me to have a Saint Patrick's Day feast. She is originally from Hong Kong, and for the past 2 years she has helped us celebrate Chinese New Year with Chinese cake and candy. It's been so much fun learning about the traditions of Chinese New Year that I was inspired to do something for St. Pat's day. Krystal (our librarian) gave me a mix for soda bread for Christmas, which was part of our celebration!
We invited the English teachers who were off 6th to come have mint chocolate cheesecake with us. They even wore green for the occasion! Kelly Falligant and Randy Colley Ramsey are exceptional AP English teachers and wonderful people. April Marek is a brand new teacher who is also wonderful and between her age and her red hair, she is occasionally asked if I'm her mom - LOL. She is a sweetheart, and we're lucky to have her here. Jodi Essigmann also joined us, although I had given up on my camera at that point and was just focusing on eating.

I know I sound like I'm writing a children's novel, but we really did have a wonderful time. I am so thankful for Krystal and Gail (our other sweet librarian), Kitty, and Bill for everything they do to help me out every day. This job would be overwhelming beyond description were it not for them!
On a completely different note, I had an annual conference with KC's teachers yesterday and they had wonderful things to say about her! Her ELA teacher said with KC's creativity she expects KC might be a writer someday! They both complimented her on how sweet and compassionate she is. I am so proud of her! :-)
Happy St. Patrick's day to all next Monday. We'll be on spring break starting at 3pm today. We have lots of plans, and I probably won't be anywhere near a computer until the end of the week, but I wish Irish blessings on all of you wherever you are!!
Have a safe and happy weekend and week!

No comments:
Post a Comment