At first, it's not too, too bad. Just a few wires here and there:

Then they start really messing with you by sticking stuff in your hair:

But, really, the sock over the head and the tubes under the nose is really too much.

My poor baby.
Then Monday night she had to undergo allergy testing. Our appointment was for 4:15 pm (we were on time). We saw the doctor at 6:30 pm. We finished at 7:45 pm. If you've never been allergy tested, thank your lucky stars. They make 64 pinpricks in your back then put a drop of allergen on it and wait. Then they measure the bump and the rash surrounding it to determine how allergic you are to whatever they drip on you. I knew we were in trouble when she started crying as they wiped her back down with alcohol ("It stings!!"). After 20 minutes of torment, they determined that she is allergic to almost everything, cats, dogs, dust mites, grass, peanuts, eggs, mold . . . The doctor wants us to come back and consider allergy shots. They might need to sedate both of us for that one.
So Abby's had a long week. But she still likes to spice up everyone else's week, too. She told me this morning, "I asked a silly question at the assembly yesterday." I said, "Really? What was it?" She told me that Corporal Radar spoke at the assembly. She's a sheriff's deputy and she visits schools teaching them about safety, strangers, all that good stuff. At the end of her presentation, she said, "I'll answer any questions you have."
Abby raises her hand and pipes up, "When baby foxes are born, are their eyes open or closed?"
"Well . . . Any other questions?"
And in case you are wondering (I had to look it up) baby foxes are born with their eyes closed. They open an average of 8-10 days after they are born.

No comments:
Post a Comment