Friday, July 18, 2008

Getting ready for the USSSA World Series

Our summer comes down to this: Saturday, we leave for the USSSA World Series in Grand Prairie, Texas (near Dallas). The boys have practiced and are ready. The fundraising is done. The packing is . . . well, it's not until tomorrow, so there's still time to pack.

I'm not sure who's more excited about the trip, Brady or the girls. We get to live out of a hotel room for up to a week (depending how long we last in the tournament). The girls get to spend a week hanging out with their friends at the fields and at the hotel, and they get to eat out practically every meal. Brady is a bit nervous, but we've told him that it's all about the experience, not whether you win or lose.

The boys are riding up together on a bus tomorrow, and Bill the girls and I (plus all the other parents) will follow them up there. Praying for a safe trip and a good showing at the world series. Even if they lose every game, as long as they do their best, that will make it a great experience.

I'll post what I can from Grand Prairie. :-)

No comments: