Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Fourth of July 2008!

Happy Independence Day to all!!



We celebrated by having my family come visit. We had some heavy rain showers in the early afternoon, but once they passed by we put Bill on the grill. We had traditional 4th of July fare including hamburgers, hot dogs, french fries, and potato chips.



The girls made a wonderful (only slightly lopsided) strawberry shortcake for dessert!



We also had apple/cherry cobbler, chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, and ice cream sundaes for dessert. After all that, we hit the pool! Those who could still fit into our swimsuits did, at least.

There were several games of water volleyball (minus the net). Nana was the captain of one team,



Brady and Sierra were the co-captains of the other team:



I think they ended up tied after several games. The kids finished their swim with a group cannonball:



Abby decided to jump on her own a few seconds later. Some people insist on a solo. What can you do?

After everyone headed home, we gathered around the television and watched the Houston fireworks display then the Boston Pops fireworks. Both were amazing and the kids were happy that we watched them in the air conditioning with no mosquitoes!!

I'm currently reading John Adams for our school book group, so I'm feeling very patriotic this weekend. As soon as I finish, we're watching the miniseries on DVD. I can't wait!

Here's the latest addition to the decorations: A Fourth of July tree!



Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: