
We usually have sandwiches and sweets to eat for Christmas dinner. Mom brought turkey and ham from the Honey Baked Ham store, plus rolls, cookies, and a fruit salad. The girls and I put out all our baked treats plus chips and veggies, and we spend the entire afternoon opening gifts and eating!
Grampy got lots of great gifts including this CD of the Texas A&M marching band:

Tommy got some golf shirts, a PC game, and the Galaxy Quest DVD (it's a great movie - check it out).

Jill got some new clothes, and several good books:

Sierra loves the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, so she got several pirate themed t-shirts, a pirate Santa, and this genuine autographed photo of Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom from Nana and Grampy!

And in case you were wondering if I was going to post any pictures of myself, here's me with some wonderful new slippers I received:

Here is the fourth afghan I made, this one for my Mom:

I finished it on December 23rd - just in the nick of time!
Well, we received many wonderful things, but the best part of Christmas was getting together with our families for the holidays. We feel so blessed to have everyone doing well here in town, and we send out our hopes and prayers for the continued recovery of my wonderful Aunt Pat in Boston, who suffered multiple strokes just before the holidays. You have been in our thoughts throughout the holidays, and we pray that you continue to get stronger.

Best wishes for a wonderful 2008 to everyone!! And Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:
Post a Comment