My oldest tree, this one became the beanie baby tree when I realized I wanted a bigger tree for the living room but couldn't bear to part with this one. McDonalds did a promotion for a couple of years when they gave away teenie Beanie Babies with their Happy Meals. With the help of my mom and my Aunt Becky in Maine, we collected a couple of sets of the teenie Beanies and they sat in bags in my closet. I decided they needed a place to be on display, so the idea for the Beanie Baby tree was born.
A couple of years after I started this tree, Ty began producing Jingle Beanies, which were Christmas teenie Beanies with their own ornament hangers! I guess someone else thought this was a great idea!


Halo, the angel bear, sits proudly atop this one.

Unfortunately, this tree will be retired after the holiday. It has lost so many pine needles through the years that the wires are showing. I'll just have to buy a new tree for these ornaments next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment