Saturday, December 1, 2007

Tree 3: The Irish Tree

The Irish tree is the smallest tree, and one of the oldest trees I have. When we first got married, we bought a 6-foot tree and it came with a 3' table top tree. I used to just put little ornaments on it, but when I decided to have themed trees, it seemed only logical that I would put up a tree devoted to my roots.



There are a few Waterford ornaments on there that JoJo (Bill's brother) and Jodi (Joe's wife) gave me, and a Belleek ornament at the bottom (the white china circular one on the left of the picture). There is a Tara china cross that my mom gave me as well as a few Irish Santas she found for me. There are a few shamrocks, and of course an Irish Flag!

I leave this one up in the dining room all the way through St. Patrick's Day. Then I switch it to an Easter tree before packing it up until Christmas. Definitely one of my favorites!

No comments: