Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Morning!!

Santa came!! And he brought lots of treasures for three kids who have actually been pretty good this year.



Bill decided we would all eat breakfast before opening any gifts from Santa, so we decided to let Cookie open his while we waited for the bacon to cook:



He was a good bunny this year, so Santa brought him some twigs to chew on, some treat boxes, and some wooden carrots (good for his teeth). Leppie the Leopard Gecko also got a few treats.



Leppie got some mealworms and some gecko food. Yum.

The kids get so many gifts that it's hard to choose which ones to post. I could post pictures of the ones they liked the best (MLB Power Pros for Brady, Abby's guitar, and KC's knitting kit), but instead I'll post the ones I like the best.

Brady is all ready to watch the Aggies play in the Alamo Bowl, Saturday, December 30th, 7pm.



I call Abby "Freckleface Strawberry," so how cute was it to find a book about a girl with the same nickname? It was written by the actress Julianne Moore who apparently was called that as a little girl.



KC got a new messenger bag. She doesn't like backpacks, so she's been using an old tote bag I got at a conference several years ago. Now she finally has one of her very own!


Each of the kids also got a special gift from me this year. My friend Peg taught me how to crochet in June (our families often go on vacation together). I knew how to knit (incorrectly as it turns out, but it works for me), but never quite got the hang of crocheting. Well, once I learned how to do it, I loved it! I started right in making afghans for the kids.

Abby's was the very first one I ever made:



KC's was second. The fuzzy yarn was tricky to work with, but she loves her fuzzy afghan:




Brady's was third. I made his in black, red, and white - Austin High School Bulldog colors!


He has to hang out at work with me every day in the morning before I take him to school, and my office is generally freezing cold, so I made this for him to bring to work so he can take a nap.

I also made a fourth afghan, but that one had to wait until later in the day . . .

No comments: